Merano Flower Festival 2023
Flowers in spring
The “Merano Flower Festival” is coming again! For the 5th time. From 28th of April to 1st of May 2023. A focus of the Festival “Merano Spring”. With the ever-valid motto: Where the Alpine and the Mediterranean meet. In the name of biodiversity and sustainability.
The festival locations are the Piazza Terme, the public part of the Merano Thermal Park and the spa promenade. The heart of the event: the ornamental plant market with abouth 50 renowned national and international exhibitors, carefully selected by the Piedmont specialist journalist Mimma Pallavicini.
Experience spring locations full of beauty and elegance. Stroll through countless fragrant flowers, talk with experts, purchase one or the other special ornamental plant and let yourself be bewitched by the diverse scents, colors and flavors. An event for all the senses that arouses curiosity about the wonderful world of plants.
Merano Flower Festival in Merano:
- large plant and flower exhibition with market of ornamental flowers and rare plants on the spa promenade
- Art installations in the center of Merano:
– Salotto urbano: decorative lampshades for #raysoflight under the Merano arcades, in perfect harmony with the buildings’ architecture, creating the atmosphere of an urban living room.
– the hammocks in the Elisabeth Park for restful breaks
– the installation of fluorescent Cazador-del-sol® suncatchers has been positioned at various points in the city centre: at the Piazza Terme, the Promenade, the Via Cassa di Risparmio up to the Prince’s Castle
Merano Flower Festival around Merano:
– March 25th: Naturno Spring Festival
– March 26th: Spring on the Merano High Mountain Trail
– April 1st: Alpenplus Ötzi Trailrun Naturns
– May 7th: Speck day in Naturno
– June 11th: Naturnser Alps – unplugged, traditional alpine folk music, reinterpreted by young South Tyrolean musicians
Information: Naturno Tourist Association – Tel. +39 0473 666077
– April 14th: Wine & Culture in the Castle: night-time guided tour with wine tasting
– April 15th : Matinée in Goyen Castle Courtyard
– April 21st: Literary highlights and fine wine in the atmospheric ambience of a farm barn
– Mai 6th: Gin in Spring – 1st South Tyrolean Gin & Tonic Festival at Schenna Castle
– May 13th: Matinée in the historic Castel Schenna
Information: Schenna Tourist Office – Tel. +39 0473 945669
– April 21st to 25th: Gartenflair Algund, the garden market where the diversity of plants merges with handicrafts and decorations for the garden
Information: Lagundo Tourist Office – Tel. +39 0473 448600
– from March 29th every Wednesday: On a journey of discovery: distillates & wines
– from March 30th every Thursday: Cacti and Olives in the Vineyard – Botanical Hike to the Niederebenhof
– April 21st: Partschins Classic Concerts – Ludus Quartet
– May 19th: Partschins Classic Concerts – Evamaria Österreicher & Ramona Zueck
– May 27th: “Olls hondgmocht” (all handmade) – art & food market
Information: Partschins Tourist Office – Tel. +39 0473 967157