Merano Destination Highlights
Mediterranean meets alpine
A thousand ways to experience Merano. Therme Merano hot baths in walking distance. The Botanical Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, nestled into the spectacular mountains of the spa resort town. The Friday Market near our hotels. To experience South Tyrol: Mobile cards and Guest Cards.
- Therme Merano hot baths, modern architecture with alps view
- The Botanical Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, nominated one of the 10 most beautiful gardens of the world
- The picturesque Portici Arcades, main shopping street since the Middle Ages
- Meranos Markets: strolling, tasting, getting souvenirs
- Merano offers an extraordinary variety of walks, promenades and trails with luxuriant Mediterranean vegetation and amazing panoramas
- Hippodrome Merano with its challenging horse racing week ends from May to October
- Museums in Merano a surroundings: history and culture, curiosities, modern art
- Kurhaus Merano, a gem of Art Nouveau architecture with the Kursaal, a fascinating venue for events and conferences
- Puccini Theatre, one of Merano’s most significant cultural location
- A range of castles, mansions and historical buildings invites to make a journey back to Middle Ages
Merano’s Event Highlights:
Merano has become an event city. Always in August with the Merano Music Weeks, in September with the Grand Prix of Merano, in October with the Grape Festival, in November with the WineFestival and in December with the Merano Advent.
- Merano Classic musical weeks: The summer is over and everybody talks about music … The Südtirol Classic Festival became one of the most popular music festivals in Europe. Come and listen!
- The Merano Forst Grand Prix: Italy’s most important horse race on one of the most selective barrier courses of Europe. Horse racing deluxe.
- Grape festival: Don‘t miss the grape festival. Traditional and pleasant. Thanksgiving „South Tyrolean Style”.
- Wine Festival: The must for all wine experts. Excellent wines & Mediterranean products, every year in November.
- Merano Advent: Glitter lightening, winter smells, Christmas in town Every year from the end of November to the 6th of January the Christmas Market takes place. Enjoy the City in a romantic way!
Merano’s offers for a varied social program:
Merano is probably the best place to combine business and relaxation. With its mild climate all year round, with its proximity to the Mediterranean-inspired valleys to the rugged mountains of the Texel Group and with the abundance of healthy Meraner water. This is the foundation of Meran’s 150-year history as a health resort.
In addition, numerous attractions offer opportunities for discovery and amazement. And nature allows countless free time activities, to exhaust and experience.
The perfect supporting program for your events. With professional guidance or to discover for yourself.
Here a short overview:
Summer outdoor activities:
- Hiking excursions
- Guided cycling tours
- Guided cultural tours
- Canyoning rafting, tarzaning
- Tours on high rope courses
- Tandem paraglider flights
- Play golf in the nearby golf clubs
- Guided trail rides and riding tours
- Climbing on fixed-rope routes of all degrees of difficulty
- Waterfall climbing
- Exploring the mountains with cable cars and lifts
Winter outdoor activities:
- Skiing, snowboarding and telemark skiing in the 5 ski areas near Merano
- Sleigh rides
- Ice skating
- Cross country skiing
- Winter trekking
- Alpine ski tours
- Winter hiking and ice climbing
- Boulder climbing in the climbing hall
- Guided tours of Merano
- Visit museums
- Visit castles and historical buildings
- Participation on festivals, festivities and concerts all over the year
- Horse drawn carriage ride through the center of Merano
- Day trips to the most important local attractions in the surroundings