Project Human Shapes
Bust onors benefactor
The project “peoplepaintings”. A gallery in the open air. With busts of ten personalities that enriched the city’s’ cultural history. A perennial project that has become richer of 3 or 4 objects each year. From 2015 to 2017.
The busts 2015:
- Antonio Manfredi (1912-2001), poet and painter who lived in Merano. Designed by Aron Demetz (South Tyrol).
- Emma Hellenstainer (1817-1904), pioneer of Tyrolean gastronomy for Merano and South Tyrol. Designed by Stephan Balkenhol (Germany).
- Franz Kafka (1883-1924), writer, who spent several months in Merano in 1920. Designed by Urs Lüthi (Switzerland).
The busts 2016:
- Rina Riva (1922-2010), Meran artist and master of experimental print graphics. Designed by Walter Moroder (South Tyrol).
- Piero Richard (1899-1967), supporter of equestrian sports in Merano. Designed by Wilma Kammerer (South Tyrol).
- Silvius Magnago (1914-2010), politician and father of South Tyrol’s autonomy. Designed by Tony Cragg (Great Britain).
The busts 2017:
- Natalie Prawossudowitsch (1899-1988), Musician and composer from Russia, who lived and died in Merano. Designed by Michael Fliri (South Tyrol).
- Bruno Jori (1922-1970), Meran experimental filmmaker and one of the most important South Tyrolean filmmakers. Designed by Danila Olivieri alias Sissi (Italy).
- Franz J. Lenhart (1898-1992), Meran painter and graphic artist. Designed by Mimmo Paladino (Italy).
- Gina Klaber Thusek (1900-1983), Graphic artist, sculptor and fashion designer from the Czech Republic, who lived and died in Merano. Designed by Francis Uprichard (Great Brittain).
- Curator: the South Tyrolean artist Arnold Mario Dall’O
- Coordinator: Herta Wolf Torggler (headmistress of Kunst Meran)
On the promenade along the river inbetween Theater Bridge and Railway Bridge.