Where we are situated
Holiday at the heart of it all
The spa town of Merano in the South Tyrolean west. And right in the middle of it: the City Hotel Merano.
Perfect downtown location:
- 400 m to the rail and bus station. 5 minutes walking distance. Easily mobile and flexible even without a car.
- 450 m to the historic centre with its arcades, the Princes’ Castle, Christmas Market and Municipal theatre. Just a few minutes walking distance to the old town.
- 800 m to the Kurhaus congress centre. Business & conventions in a charming atmosphere.
- 850 m to the Therme Meran. Modern and wonderfully relaxing.
- Likewise easy to reach by foot, Merans’ highlights: the Tappeinerweg path, the Promenade, Dorf Tirol, the Botanical Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle.
- And on top of that, the mountains surrounding Meran for local recreation, jogging, hiking and cycling.
Also not far away: the rest of the world.
To Merano by train
Vacation from the car, quite comfortable. Your City Hotel Merano is not far from the train station. By foot: 5 minutes, by taxi: 3 minutes.
- Trenitalia: www.trenitalia.it
- German Railways: www.bahn.de
- Austrian Federal Railways: www.oebb.at
- Swiss Federal Railways: www.sbb.ch
- Engadin – Merano Route Express: www.rhb.ch
To Merano by bus
From Stuttgart (Germany):
Südtirol Tours: www.suedtiroltours.de
South Tyrol-Express: www.suedtirolexpress.ch
To Merano by car
The best way to get to the City Hotel Merano, just a 20-minute drive from Bolzano:
Expressway MEBO – exit Merano railway station – direction centre – after approx. 200m turn right into Via Goethe – after approx. 300m turn right into Via Alpini n° 23, directly into the underground car park of the City Hotel Merano.
Attention: On Fridays there is the large weekly market right in front of the City Hotel Merano. Via Mainardo is closed.
GPS Coordinates: 46.672821, 11.154245
Find us on Google Maps
Traffic information centre South Tyrol – Tel. 0471/416100
To Merano by airplane
Merano, the charming spa city in the west of South Tyrol. Easily reachable by plane. Within 2 hours driving distance from Airport Verona . Ideal for business or incentive meetings.
- Airport Verona Villafranca: 180 km – 1,5 – 2 hour drive
- Airport Innsbruck: 200 km – 2 hour drive
- Airport Bergamo: 260 km – 2,5 hour drive
- Airport Milan Linate: 300 km – 3 hour drive
- Airport Venice Marco Polo: 300 km – 3 hour drive
- Airport Munich: 350 km – 3,5 hour drive
Low cost flights to Innsbruck and Verona:
- Ryanair: www.ryanair.com
- Germanwings: www.germanwings.com
- Tuifly: www.tuifly.com
Look for a train connection to Merano: www.trenitalia.it
(no responsibility is taken for the accuracy of the information given here)